Fotowall is a simple and easy to use photo collection manager, and the most important thing is that – “There is lot of room for your creativity”. It is a free software and it’s available for all major platforms. There are lot of open source photo managers are available but Fotowall is great, probably due to its simplicity and ease of use.
Features of Fotowall at a glance
- create cool collection of photos in personalized way
- cool and funky effects for pictures
- search pics/videos online and add it to your personal collection in one click
- Easy to use, you can start using it effectively within a couple of minutes
- print big posters, covers etc even with a small printer
Fotowall for Ubuntu
Although Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) has a nice Photo Manager application – shotwell Photo Manager, installed by default but Fotowall is worth trying, specially if you want to do some creative experiment with your cool collection of photos.
Install Fotowall on Ubuntu
Fire up a terminal (hit Ctrl+Alt+t) and execute the command (alternatively, you could also install it from Ubuntu Software Center)-
sudo apt-get install fotowall