This post is written for beginners about an open source media player clementine.Clementine is developed on
the top of Amarok media player.Clementine is an open source media player and it’s available for Linux based
OS e.g Ubuntu 10.10(Maverick Meerkat),10.04(Lucid Lynx)..,Windows and Mac OS X.Clementine is a fast music player with nice interface and options to enjoy music.
Features of Clementine
it has a lot of features like Dynamic and smart playlists,rain effects,file converting and editing features,Lyrics searching from Internet and the one of the best feature is – easy synchronization with Ipod or MTP or mass storage USB players. Continue reading
swap memory space and swapping in OS
Swapping is a simple memory/process management technique used by the operating system(os) to increase the utilization of the processor by moving some blocked process from the main memory to the secondary memory(hard disk);thus forming a queue of temporarily suspended process and the execution continues with the newly arrived process.After performing the swapping process,the operating system has two options in selecting a process for execution :
*Operating System can admit newly created process (OR) *operating system can activate suspended process from the swap memory.
Conclusion : If you have ever used any Linux based operating system then at the time of installation …Did you see an options/warning for the need of swap memory space?? If you have enough primary memory(RAM) e.g greater than 2GB then you may need not any swapping memory space for desktop users(I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and total RAM is 4GB so I am not feeling any trouble without swap memory space) and some times using swap memory may slow down your computer performance.
Credit : Operating Systems…by William Stallings
WordPress Version 3(Stable) is just released and so all wordpress bloggers should upgrade to the wordpress 3 from the older versions.You can install wordpress in two ways either automatically or manually.This post will explain you about upgrading wordpress v 2.7(just previous stable version) to wordpress v 3.
Upgrading to wordpress 3.0 From 2.9.2
1. Open your blog and login through the administrator account.
2. Deactivate all the plugins and make backup for post of all the authors(wordpress_author.xml) and also make a backup of sql database(database_name.sql) by logging to your hosting account.This step is extremely important!! otherwise you may loose all your posts in some cases.
3. On the Dashboard you will see an option for upgrading to wordpress 3 in top(as well as in right bottom corner and also in left).Click on “please upgrade to wordpress 3”.
4. Click on automatic installation and enter your hosting account details and proceed.
5. Installation will complete within a couple of minutes.
6. That’s all..
Domain Sale! $7.49 .com at GoDaddy
You can also install it manually by downloading the package from wordpress official website.If you want to install manually then more tutorial can be found here – Install wordpress manually