Yesterday(On June 12,2010),The Latest Linux Kernel 2.6.35 RC(Release Condidate)-3 was released.You can now download it from its official website(Link is given below).
Changes in Latest Linux Kernel Release
Total Number of Files Added = 1223
Number of Files Changed/updated = 8392
The number files which was removed = 213
Download kernel v2.6.35-rc3
Linux kernel version 2.6.34.rc6 released on April 29, 2010.The important changes made can be summarized as :
changes made : In terms of file
1.File added :1083
2.File changed :11070
3.File removed :352
In terms of line of code :
4.Line added :606832
5.Line changed :657944
6.Line removed :277476
For more info and downloads
Some months ago canonical decided to change the default search engine in mozilla firefox from Google(In the ubuntu 9.10 version) to yahoo(For the next version i.e Lucid Lynx).So
in the beginning of ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx beta release the default search engine in the mozilla firefox was switched to yahoo from Google.After some week it was decided that the default search engine will be google,and the changes will be made before 15th april.Hence in the final stable release(April 29,2010) Google will be the default search engine for mozilla firefox.I am trying ubuntu 10.04 beta version on my personal computer.When I updated my system on April 14,2010 My default search engine in the Mozilla firefox has changed to Google.
Due to the enormous increment in the methods and techniques of internet attacks it has been necessary to categorized in a particular manner.Probably no one in the world had ever imagined(in 1980s) that the after few decades internet would become an important place for criminal activities or simply a new era of cyber crime would begin with the growth of internet.
Although the types of attacks can be categorized in many ways but here I am going to discuss about these classification –
(A)Types of internet attacks(first method)
1. Confidentiality : It contains the attacks which is based on gathering sensitive information of a particular company or individual and to misuse that particular information to harm some one or to gain something in illegal manner.Snooping and sniffing comes under this category.
2. Availability : Its mean to attack so that the information becomes unavailable and you know information which is not available on the time is just useless.Denial of service or DOS is a simple attack that comes under this category.In another cases if the information is deleted by the attacker then that attack may be categorized here.
3. Integrity : This is one of the most important attacks used these days.Integrity means the information is delivered correctly as it is i.e in integrity attacks information is tempered by attacker.Spoofing like dns spoofing or arp spoofing is the simple example of this category which used in carrying integrity attacks.
(B)Types of internet attacks(Second method)
1. Active: Active attacks by name it is self explanatory that the attacker is performing attack at the same time he got the information or in active mode(spoofing or DOS) i.e he is either performing integrity or availability attacks.hence it is easier to detect and prevent.
2. Passive: these are the most dangerous attacks in which the first aim of the attacker is to just get the sensitive or vulnerable information.then he plan for attack and its execution.So the process happens in the silent manner.Hence it is very difficult to detect.
thanks to Behrouz A. Forouzan
Now e-books are becoming more popular and useful.When you have a number of e-books on different categories then it is difficult to keep track of them.That’s why you need a library manager so that you can manage your collections more effectively.I am going to introduce you with an open source software which is a complete solution to the e-book library management.
CALIBRE : An open source and cross platform e-book library manager which can be used to view,catalog and convert e-books in all the common available formats of e-book ,e.g pdf,LRS,txt.It can also convert the simple format information into e-books to make the reading easier.
supported input – e-book formats are :
MOBI , LIT , PRC, EPUB, ODT, HTML, CBR, CBZ, RTF, TXT, PDF, LRS.
Supported Opeating systems are :
Linux, Wndows, OS X