uGet is a free and open source software for managing file downloads (over HTTP/S, FTP etc). It’s the most popular download manager program for GNU/Linux distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, ArchLinux, Gentoo etc. It’s also available for Windows. uGet is lightweight but still a very powerful download manager.
- Downloads queue
- Resumable downloads (not always, as it depends on server)
- Batch downloads
- Clipboard monitor
- Also supports multiple protocols (http/https, ftp, bittorrent, metalink etc)
- Categories to easily manage downloading files
- CLI interface for geeks/nerds
- Download history management
- Multiple language support
- Scheduler & lots of other features you can read here.
On Ubuntu (I’ve tested on current LTS release (12.04) but it should work fine on other versions as well. e.g on upcoming Ubuntu 14.04 LTS release), open a terminal and type :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install uget
For any other Linux distribution or platforms you should check out the official download page.
Also check out this web based tool for downloading SoundCloud songs.