Blender, the most popular open source application for 3D creation has released(today) its new major version 2.57, the first stable release in the 2.5 series. The blender has released this version after a lot of improvements, specifically in Graphical User Interface(GUI) . Actually its UI has totally changed
The overall design and new GUI controls indicates a lot of improvements in this version. Blender is a very useful tool for graphics designers /game developers. Blender is mostly used for 3D modelling,Animation,Rendering,Real Time 3 Dimensional game creation, shading, rigging etc.
If you are new to Blender or 3D modelling and want to learn, then here is the best resource – free online tutorial available through its official website.
Changes/Features in Blender 2.57
- Areal Splitting and Swapping
- sub regions
- Support for Multiple Windows
- New Design
- Built in File Browser
Blender is a cross-platform 3D modelling tool, its latest version – 2.57 has been released for all platforms -Linux(based OS like Ubuntu,Linux Mint,Fedora,Debian etc),Windows, Mac OS X and FreeBSD. you can download it for your computer(select the right platform/os and architecture) from its official website(Link is given below) –
Download Blender 2.57
3d Modeling software or tool works as an integrated suite for modeling, rendering, animation, playback in games,interactive creation.On Ubuntu 10.04 there are so many 3d tools are available for editing and creating 3d models and animations but Blender,an open source 3d animation tool, is the most widely used software.Blender comes with its user interface(GUI) with rich set of features.Blender is implemented completely in OpenGL and it’s speed is also very good.you can easily import and export files in some popular formats like 3D studio and Wavefront Obj.
How to Install Blender(3d modeling tool) on ubuntu 10.04
1. First,Go to Applications->Ubuntu Software Center and use the quick search bar to search for “blender“.
2. Next,click on more info if you are going to use it for first time(just to know more about the features of Blender) and then click on install Free(or click on install in search result window).
3. Downloading and installation process will finish consecutively within few minutes.
4. Now you are ready to use Blender for modeling or animations.Now Click on Applications->Graphics->Blender to access it.
Conclusion : I hope you will enjoy modeling by using blender specially in developing models for game or other third party engines.You can also search for plugins on web to add some more feature to blender.