Installing Ubuntu 10.04(Lucid Lynx) LTS by using Pen(USB)-drive
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx can be installed by using live CD or USB or other methods.Procedure are almost same except in USB-stick method first you have to create USB installer for Ubuntu 10.04.You can do it by using a simple application “Universal USB Installer”.It is available for windows operating system.If you are a Ubuntu user then you can easily create USB startup disk from System->Administration->Startup Disk Creator.If you are using windows XP/Vista/7 then you can follow the steps (explained below) –
1. First,Download Ubuntu 10.04 ISO file from it’s official website.
2. Download USB installer to create bootable USB-stick(Download Link is given below
3. Then click on Run when you will be prompted.If any security dialog appears then confirm by clicking on run.Next Read the license agreement and click on “I Agree” to continue.
4. Next,Insert a USB stick(Pen-drive) having a minimum memory space of 2GB.
5. Now,select the Ubuntu Desktop(or other) addition from DropDown List.
6. Click on ‘Browse’ and open the downloaded ISO file.
7. Choose the USB stick/drive and click on create and also check the box to format usb stick.
8. Withion few minutes the process will complete.Then restart the computer and boot it from USB stick(If your computer doesn’t boot from USB stick then edit the BIOS settings) and install it to your hard-drive.
9. Then,select the drive/partition in which you want to install Ubuntu 10.04(If you want to make your computer Dual Boot) or just erase(and use) the entire disk(In this case windows vista/7 will be removed completely) and install Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.Enter the login details and click on install to continue.It will hardly take 30 minutes.Restart your computer.That’s All.